Discover Symbiosis Medical College for Women’s NEET Cutoff, College Ranking, Tuition Fees, Courses, Admission procedures, Infrastructure, Hostel Facilities, Hospital Details, which will help you make the right choice during the MBBS Admission Counseling process.
Introduction to Symbiosis University
- Symbiosis International (Deem University), established in 1997, is a private not-for-profit institution that offers undergraduate and postgraduate education in science, technology, engineering, medicine, and management.
- SI has been ranked among the top 100 universities in Asia and the best Indian university in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018.
Medical Institutes under Symbiosis University
1. Symbiosis Hospital- Symbiosis hospital is a multi-specialty tertiary care teaching hospital located in Pune, India. It was established in 1998 and has been providing quality healthcare services since then. It is affiliated with Symbiosis International University, Pune and offers medical education, training, and research programs.
2. Symbiosis Institute of Dental Sciences- The institute is a dental college offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in dentistry. It is affiliated with Symbiosis International University and is approved by the Indian Dental Council.
3. Symbiosis School of Health Sciences- It is a school that provides various health sciences courses including nursing, physiotherapy, paramedical science, pharmacy, dietetics, etc.
Introduction to Symbiosis Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS) for Women
The SIMS was established in the year 2002 in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It is a medical college that offers undergraduate courses in medicine and allied sciences. The institute has been ranked among the top 10 colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
Symbiosis Medical College Campus Tour
- The college is situated in the heart of the city, surrounded by a lush green campus with beautiful gardens, lawns, and trees.
- The college provides state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities including laboratories, libraries, computer labs, seminar halls, auditoriums, hostels, messes, playgrounds, gymnasiums, swimming pool, etc.
- The admission procedure for the MBBS course in SIMS is conducted twice a year i.e., in February/March and August/September.
- Admission to the first-year courses is based on a merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The second-year admissions are based on the merit list prepared after conducting the entrance test.
Infrastructure at Symbiosis Medical College for Women
The infrastructure at Symbiosis Medical College (SMC) for women has been designed keeping in mind the comfort and convenience of the students.
- This includes classrooms, laboratories, hostel rooms, faculty offices, library, seminar halls, etc. SMC offers a two-year integrated B.Sc. The nursing and MBBS programme led to registration with the Indian Nursing Council (INC) and Medical Council of India.
- The college has a well-equipped laboratory facility with modern equipment and state-of-the-art facilities. Laboratory facilities are well maintained and updated regularly.
- There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Hostel accommodation is provided for both day scholars and boarders.
- The campus has a spacious playground where children can play freely. A large auditorium is used for lectures, seminars, cultural programmes, etc.
- A well-equipped gymnasium is available for indoor games and sports.
What are the criteria for MBBS direct admission in Symbiosis Medical College for Women?
The Symbiosis Medical College for women offers admission into its undergraduate medical course through the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree.
Candidates are admitted based on their performance in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBBS course need to have passed Class 12 from any recognized board/university.
- Students who have completed their graduation from Symbiosis University can apply directly for the NEET exam.
- However, they should first obtain a letter of permission from the university before appearing for the test.
- Students can apply online for the NEET examination through the CBSE website.
- They can then download the application form and submit it along with other documents to the college.
What are the Management and NRI Quota MBBS Seats at Symbiosis Institute of Medical Sciences?
Management quota seats are allocated based on the number of students who have applied for admission to the course.
- The cutoff for management & NRI seats is calculated based on the average score obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exam. The cutoff for each year is different.
- The total number of seats allotted to the country is fixed by the MCI. Allocation of seats is done through a lottery system.
- The number of seats allotted to each state is determined by the population of that particular state.
- The number of seats reserved for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes is fixed by the Government of India. There is no cap on this quota.
- The number of seats for Other Backward Classes is fixed by the Government. There is no cap on this quota.
Symbiosis Medical College Management Quota Fees and NRI Quota Fees
- The NRI quota is reserved for students who are non-resident Indians and wish to study in India.
- Symbiosis Medical College NRI quota fees are also higher than the regular fees and they depend on the entire course..
Symbiosis Medical College NRI quota fees
Here we are defining some estimated fees. You can check the website of the college for details.
|Academic Fees (Per Annum)
|10,00,000 ($41,960 for NRI)
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)
|50,000 ($710 for NRI)
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)
|15,000 ($210 for NRI)
|Hostel Fees (Per Annum)
|1,09,450 ($1,530 for NRI)
|Mess Fees (Per Annum)
|70,950 ($990 for NRI)
|12,45,400 ($45,910 for NRI)
The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) is a centralized system that matches medical school graduates from around them with residency programs across the country. This program was established in 1989 to match graduating medical students with residency positions at hospitals throughout the U.S.
- India has many medical schools, including the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS.
- There are currently over 50 medical colleges in India, offering both undergraduate and postgraduate education. These include government-run institutions and private universities.
- The NRMP is a national matching service that allows qualified applicants to find residency programs that best fit their interests and needs. Applicants can search through hundreds of programs based on location, specialty, and other criteria.
Scholarship by Symbiosis Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS)
- The Anandi Gopal Scholarship was established in memory of Dr. Anandi Gopal who passed away due to cancer at the age of 35 years.
- She was a student at Symbiosis Institute of Pharmacy and Research (SIPR).
- This scholarship is awarded annually to outstanding students pursuing their M.Sc. degree in Pharmacy from Symbiosis Institute of Pharmaceutics and Research (SIPr), Pune.
The Eligibility of Scholarship provided by Symbiosis Institute of Medical Sciences:
- The candidate should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in his/her qualifying examination.
- Candidates are eligible if they have completed their first year of study in any discipline or Bachelor’s Degree course in Pharmacy.
- Students having less than a 60% attendance record may not be considered for this award.
Fee Structure at SMCW, Pune
Estimated fees are define. You can check the website of the college for details.
|Programme Fees For Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (General Category)
|Amount in Rs
|Academic Fees (Per Annum)*
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)
|Programme Fees For Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (NRI Category)
|Amount in USD
|Academic Fees (Per Annum)*
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)
MBBS course overview at Symbiosis Medical College for Women
The MBBS degree is a four-year course that leads to a bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery. This is a medical degree that prepares students for work in
- General practice,
- Internal medicine,
- Family medicine, Emergency medicine,
- Psychiatry, Obstetrics, and Gynecology,
- Ophthalmology, Dentistry, and
- other specialties.
Students are trained in anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, immunology, genetics, epidemiology, community health, medical ethics, law, and many other subjects.
The MCI is the regulatory body for medical education in India. It regulates the training of doctors and the standards of hospitals. It has two functions – licensing of institutions offering medical education and registration of doctors who have qualified through these institutions.
What are the Departments at Symbiosis Medical College for Women?
The department consists of five rooms; each room has its own set of equipment and instruments. There are two dissecting tables, one large and one small. The large table can hold four bodies at once while the smaller one holds only two. In addition, there is a microscope that allows students to view organs and structures under magnification.
The Physiology Department at Symbiosis Medical College offers courses that are designed to provide students with knowledge about the basic principles of physiology. Students can choose from a wide range of electives including Anatomy & Histology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Pathophysiology, Immunology, Endocrinology, Nutrition, etc. These courses help students understand how the body functions and how diseases develop.
The study of biochemistry involves the analysis of chemical compounds that are present in living organisms. These include organic molecules like carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins, etc. Biochemistry is the branch of science that deals with these chemicals.
4. Pathology Department
The pathology department at Symbiosis Medical college for women is headed by Dr. Preeti Singh. She has been working in this field since 2014. Her research interests include infectious diseases, immunology, and cancer. She has published several articles in peer-reviewed journals.
5. Department of Microbiology
Dr. Rupali Sharma heads the department of microbiology at Symbiosis medical college for women. She has been working here since 2015. Her research interest includes molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics. She has published several papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented her work at various conferences.
6. Department of Pharmacology
Dr. Anjana Gupta heads the pharmacology department at Symbiosis medical college. She has been working as a faculty member here since 2016. Her research interests include neuropharmacology, endocrinology, and the cardiovascular system. She has published several scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented her work at different conferences.
The pediatric department at Symbiosis Medical college provides medical care to children from birth till 18 years of age. This includes general pediatrics, neonatology, child health, immunization, nutrition, and preventive medicine.
8. Dermatology, Venereology department
Dermatology is a branch of medicine that deals with skin diseases. Skin diseases are any condition where the skin has been affected by disease or injury. There are many types of dermatological conditions including eczema, psoriasis, acne, warts, moles, fungal infections, etc.
Venereology is the study of venereal diseases. These include sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) like gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, herpes, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, genital warts, and others.
9. General Surgery
General surgery is the branch of medicine that deals with diseases of the digestive system, respiratory system, urinary tract, female reproductive organs, blood vessels, lymphatic system, skin, bones, muscles, nerves, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, head, neck, thyroid gland, heart, pericardium, chest, abdomen, back, pelvis, limbs, joints, and other soft-tissue structures.
The department of Otorhinolaryngology is a specialty that focuses on the study and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose, and throat.
11. Department of Gynaecology
The gynecology department at Symbiogenesis medical college for women provides treatment for various diseases that affect women. These include problems like infertility, menstrual disorders, menopause, etc. The doctors here are highly skilled and experienced in treating these conditions.
How to reach at Symbiosis Medical College for Women Pune?
The college campus is situated in Hinjewadi, Pune, Maharashtra, which is easily accessible from all parts of the city. The nearest railway station is Shrigonda Railway Station, which is about 10 km away from the college. The airport is about 25 km away from the college and can be reached via road.
FAQ on Symbiosis Medical College Management Quota Fees and NRI Quota Fees
1. What is the Symbiosis medical college management quota fees structure.
The Symbiosis medical college management quota fees structure is subject to changes each year.
2. What is the Symbiosis medical college NRI quota?
The NRI quota in Symbiosis Medical College is a reserved category for non-resident Indian students. A certain number of seats are reserved for these students, and they are admitted on the basis of their NEET scores.