BAMS Direct Admission in Maharashtra 2022
Ayurveda is a traditional Indian system of medicine that has been practiced since ancient times. It focuses on treating the root cause of disease rather than just its symptoms.
- BAMS course covers topics like anatomy, physiology, pathology, biochemistry, pharmacology, microbiology, epidemiology, clinical practice, ethics, and law.
- This program is designed to give students a strong foundation in Ayurveda and prepare them for further studies in this field.
History of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine that originated in India over 5000 years ago.
- Ayurvedic medicine has been practiced traditionally throughout Asia, Africa, Europe, and South America.
- Ayurvedic Medicine is based on the theory that everything in nature is composed of five basic elements – earth, water, fire, air, and space.
- These five elements are called Panchamahabhuta (five great elements).
- Ayurveda believes that these five elements interact with each other and form the basis of life.
- Ayurveda uses herbs, minerals, and animal parts to treat disease.
- There are three types of medicines used in Ayurvedic treatment: Sattvic, Rajasic, and Tamasic. Sattvic means pure, wholesome, and beneficial; Rajasic means active and stimulating; and Tamasic means passive and dulling.
- The first step in Ayurvedic treatments is to diagnose the patient’s condition. This is done through physical examination, pulse analysis, urine tests, stool samples, and blood tests.
- Once the diagnosis is complete, the doctor then prescribes herbal medications, dietary changes, lifestyle modifications, and exercise routines.
Course Details for BAMS Direct Admission in Maharashtra
Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine that has been practiced in India since time immemorial. This ancient medical science focuses on treating the root cause of disease rather than just its symptoms.
- Ayurveda is based on the concept of ‘Tridosha’ (three doshas) – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. These three doshas are believed to govern our body’s functions, emotions and mind.
- Ayurveda believes that these doshas can be balanced through diet, lifestyle, herbs, yoga, meditation, and other natural methods.
The Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicines and Surgery (BAMS) course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to practice Ayurvedic medicine.
Students will learn about the history of Ayurveda, the basic concepts of Ayurveda including Dosha theory, Panchakarma, Herbology, Yoga, Meditation, Dietetics, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacy, Medical Terminology, Ethics, Law and Economics.
- Course Duration: 4 Years
- Mode of Study: Full Time
- Eligibility : 10+2 pass from any recognized board/university
- Admission Procedure: Entrance Test followed by Interview
Benefits of BAMS Course
Ayurvedic medicine has been practiced since ancient times. In India, ayurvedic medicines are used to treat various diseases. There are many benefits of bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) degree.
BAMS is a five year program that provides knowledge about different types of medicines and treatments. Students get training in herbal medicine, yoga, meditation, massage therapy, nutrition, etc.
- The first benefit of this course is that students can earn a degree from a reputed university. This gives them a sense of achievement. They can use their degrees to pursue higher studies.
- Second, they can learn how to diagnose and cure patients. They can become doctors after completing their education.
- Third, they can earn good money. Doctors usually earn around Rs. 1 lakh per month.
- Fourth, they can work in any hospital. Hospitals need doctors. So, they can easily find jobs.
- Fifth, they can help people who cannot afford medical treatment. Many hospitals give free services to poor people.
Advantages of BAMS
Ayurvedic medicine has been practiced since ancient times. Ayurveda is a traditional medical system that originated in India and was later adopted in other countries like China, Egypt, Greece, Rome, and Turkey. We are going to discuss some of the advantages of bachelor of ayurveda, medicine and surgery course.
1. A person who completes the bachelor degree can practice Ayurveda anywhere in the world. This means that they can work in any country where ayurveda is practiced.
2. People who complete the bachelor degree can get jobs in hospitals and clinics. They can work as doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and even as ayurvedic practitioners.
3. There are many universities offering this course. So if you want to study ayurveda then you have plenty of options.
4. Ayurveda teaches us about our body and how to maintain good health. We learn about diet, exercise, and yoga.
5. Ayurveda helps people live longer and healthier lives.
Process for BAMS Direct Admission in Maharashtra
The Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery admission process is a four-year course that prepares students to become qualified doctors in India.
- Students are taught about the basic principles of Ayurveda, including anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, biochemistry, microbiology, epidemiology, clinical practice, medical ethics, and law.
- They learn how to diagnose diseases using various methods like pulse taking, tongue examination, urine analysis, etc.
In addition, they study different types of treatments and therapies used in Ayurveda.
- The Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery admission process consists of two years of pre-medical education followed by two years of medical education.
- Pre-medical studies include general science, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, the English language, and other subjects.
- Medical studies cover anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology, biochemistry and microbiology, epidemiology and public health, medical ethics, medical jurisprudence, and social sciences.
BAMS admission is conducted through entrance exams.
- These tests help determine whether candidates have the right knowledge and skills to pursue this course.
- Candidates who pass these tests can then apply for the admission test. This test helps assess their academic ability and knowledge of the subject matter.
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery admission test scores are based on multiple-choice questions. Each question has 4 possible answers.
- A candidate may choose any answer from the choices provided. If he/she selects the correct answer, he/she receives points. The total number of marks obtained determines his/her final score.
The Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery admission test consists of three parts.
- Part 1 includes questions related to general knowledge, while
- Part 2 focuses on theoretical aspects of the course.
- Part 3 involves practical examinations.
The Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery admission test is held twice a year. The first exam is usually held in January, while the second exam takes place in June.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS Direct Admission in Maharashtra
To become eligible for registration as a BAMS doctor,
- A candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination from any recognized board.
- He/she should have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, History, Geography, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, and Yoga.
- Candidates must pass two years of internship after passing the final exam.
Top Colleges for BAMS Direct Admission in Maharashtra
The Maharashtra University of Health Sciences was established in the year 2007 at Nashik, Maharashtra, India. This university has been approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). This university offers various courses like BAMS, BDS, MDS, MS, DNB, etc.
Below is the list of the top colleges where you can get BAMS Direct Admission in Maharashtra:
1. Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune
Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya was established in the year of 1997 at Pune, Maharashtra, India. This institution has been approved by AYUSH Ministry and is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. The college offers a BAMS course under the affiliation of the University of Mumbai. They have well-equipped labs for practicals and theoretical classes. Our faculty members are highly experienced and qualified. They provide quality education to our students. The college provides a free transport facility from the nearby railway station and bus stand.
2. Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur
The Government Ayurved College & Hospital (GAC&H) was established in the year 1891 at Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. GAC&H is a premier institution of higher education in Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani Tibb, Siddha, and Homoeopathy. The college offers undergraduate courses leading to Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHM&S), Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences (BNTYS). Postgraduate courses are offered in various disciplines of Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Naturopathy, and Yoga.
3. K G Mittal Ayurvedic College, Mumbai
K G Mittal Ayurvedic College was established in the year 2004 in Mumbai. They are the first college in India to offer BAMS courses in Ayurveda. Institute’s aim is to provide quality education in Ayurveda and make it accessible to everyone. The faculty members are highly qualified and experienced professionals who have completed their post-graduate studies in Ayurveda from reputed institutions like Banaras Hindu University, Gujarat Ayurved University, Kerala Ayurveda University, etc. They are certified by Indian Medical Council and State Medical Councils. The college has a well-equipped laboratory where students can conduct research work. Students are encouraged to do independent projects and submit them for publication.
4. Podar Ayurved Medical College, Mumbai
Podar Ayurved Medical college was established in the year 2001 at Pune, Maharashtra, India. This institution has been approved by the AYUSH Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The college offers various courses like BAMS, BDS, MDS, MDMS, MS, DNB, MCh, DM, etc. It offers undergraduate courses in Ayurveda and allied sciences like Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani Medicine, Homeopathy, Pharmacy, etc.
5. Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune
Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya was established in the year 2000 at Pune, Maharashtra, India. The college offers BAMS., M.A., B.Sc., M.Sc., and Diploma courses in various streams like Arts, Commerce, Science, Pharmacy, and Law. The college has been accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and AICTE (All India Coordinated Technical Education). It is affiliated with the University of Pune.
6. Sumatibhai Shah Ayurved Mahavidyalaya Malwadi, Pune
Sumatibhai Shah Institute of Medical Sciences (SSIMS) was established in the year 2001. It is a medical college located at Malwadi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pune. It has been approved by AICTE and the Government of Maharashtra. The institute offers undergraduate courses in Bachelors of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD), and BAMS. Postgraduate courses are offered in various disciplines like General Surgery, Orthopaedics & Traumatology, Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Radiodiagnosis, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic medicine, etc.
7. Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Ayurved, Pune
Bharati Vidyapeeth (BV) was established in the year 1962 under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, Government of India. BV has been granted deemed university status by the UGC in the year 2001. The college offers undergraduate degree courses in various disciplines like Arts, Commerce, Science, Ayurveda, and Pharmacy. The college is affiliated with the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBE), Mumbai. The college campus is situated at Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune, Maharashtra, India. The college is spread over a sprawling area of about 50 acres. The college has a well-equipped library, computer labs, seminar halls, laboratories, hostels, messes, playgrounds, gymnasium, auditorium, canteen, etc.
8. Vidarbha Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Amravati
Vidarbha Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya (VAM) was established in the year 2000 at Amravati, Maharashtra State, India. VAM offers undergraduate courses in Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), BAMS, and Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm). It has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and awarded a B++ grade.
9. CSMSS Ayurved Mahavidayalya and Ruganalay, Aurangabad
CSMSS Ayurveda Mahavidayalya & Ruganalay, established in the year 2000, is a premier ayurvedic hospital located at Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India. Institute is committed to providing quality healthcare services through our state-of-the-art infrastructure and modern technology. The team of highly skilled professionals has been trained under the supervision of renowned experts from across the globe. They are equipped with the latest technologies and equipment to provide world-class healthcare services. We have a well-equipped operation theatre, ICU, X-ray facility, blood bank, etc. The college has a separate building for sterilization of surgical instruments and other equipment. They also have a fully computerized pharmacy where medicines are dispensed after proper authentication. All these facilities help us to deliver excellent patient care.
10. Shri Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur
Shri Ayurved Maha Vidyalaya was established in the year 1986 under the guidance of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, former Chief Minister of Maharashtra State. The college has been accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and awarded an ‘A’ grade. The college is affiliated with the University of Pune and recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission). The college offers BAMS courses for all the students.
Documents needed for BAMS Direct Admission
- Indian Nationality Certificate
- Maharashtra Domicile Certificate
- SSC Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- HSC Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- NEET -UG 2019 Mark-sheet & NEET -UG 2021 admit card
- Medical Fitness Certificate ( as per NEET-UG-2021 Brochure )
- Gap Certificate
- Caste Certificate, Caste Validity Certificate, Non-Creamy Layer (Applicable for Reserved category students)
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer certificate / Leaving certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar card (Attested Xerox )
- Undertaking on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly signed before the Notary for yearly payment of fees on the due date
- Undertaking for Anti ragging ACT on Rs.100 stamp paper duly signed before the Notary.
- Character Certificate issued by the Principal of last school / junior College attended mentioning the status of his/her behavioral pattern, especially in terms of whether he /she has displayed persistent violent or aggressive behavior or any desire to harm others. (As per provision made in clause 4 of Anti Ragging Rules /Act.)
- Passport size Photographs.