Introduction to Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Mumbai
Dr. DY Patil Medical College (DY Patil University) is a private university located in Thane, Maharashtra, India.
- This institution was established in 2005. The total number’s of students enrolled in this university is around 2000. The annual admission procedure takes place twice a year.
- The first round of admissions is done in November/December while the second round of admissions is done in March/April.
- The tuition fees charged by this university vary according to the course that a student wishes to pursue. The courses offered by this university include B.Sc., M.Sc., B.Com., LLB, MBA, MBBS, BDS, BAMS, etc.
- Admission to Dr. Dy Patil Medical College is based on merit-based selection through entrance exams conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State Government.
- The entrance exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each paper has 100 marks. A candidate needs to score a minimum of 50% aggregate in both papers to qualify for the test.
About Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Mumbai
Dr. DY Patil Medical College has been affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences since its inception in the year 2008.
- This medical college was established under the guidance of Late Shri. P.V.S. Rao was the founder and president of the college. He was a renowned doctor and social worker. His vision was to establish a medical college that would provide quality education and training to students.
- The college is located in Mumbai. The college is approved by MCI (Medical Council of India) and recognized by DTE (Department of Technical Education).
- The college offers various courses like MBBS, BDS, MDS, MS, MD, BPT, BHMS, etc.
DY Patil University Tour Video
- The college has well-equipped laboratories, classrooms, library, sports facilities, hostel facility, cafeteria, dispensary, etc. The college provides free accommodation to needy students.
- The college has a good infrastructure and faculty. The college has a separate building for each department. The college has a large auditorium where lectures are held regularly. The college has a well-equipped hospital attached to it.
- The college has achieved many milestones including being the first college in the state to achieve ISO 9001:2008 certification. The college has successfully conducted various entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER, etc. The students have shown great interest in joining this college.
Vision of the Institute
The vision of the Institute at Dr. D Y Patil Medical College is to provide quality medical education to students, promote research and clinical excellence, and disseminate knowledge through teaching, training, and patient care.
Infrastructure at Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Mumbai
- Infrastructure- The infrastructure of any hospital is the foundation that supports its operations. In this case, we are talking about the medical college. This includes the buildings, laboratories, equipment, and other facilities needed to run a medical school.
- Staffing- Staffing refers to the number of people employed by a facility. A medical school needs a large staff to operate efficiently, especially if they have many students enrolled.
- Facilities- Facilities refer to the physical space where a medical school can conduct its activities. These include classrooms, labs, offices, and other areas needed to educate students.
Admission Procedure in D.Y.Patil Medical College
The admission procedure in D.Y. Patil college is based on the merit list prepared by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education (MSBSE).
- Candidates who have passed their 10th standard examination are eligible to apply for admission into the college.
- Admissions are done through counseling conducted by the college management. Candidates can appear for counseling either online or offline.
- Candidates should submit their application form along with the requisite documents at the time of registration.
- After submission of the application forms, candidates are called for a personal interview.
- Interviews are held in two sessions – morning and evening.
- The selection of students is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam and interview.
For UG Courses
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- The candidate should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB combined.
For PG Courses
- The candidate must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by NMC and completed an internship.
- The candidate should be merit in NEET PG Exam
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS (Medical)/ BDS (Dental) Course.
Cutoff marks for admission at Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Mumbai
- Cut off Marks for Admission in MBBS Course
The cutoff marks for admission in the MBBS course are decided based on the performance of students in their 10+2 examination. The cut-offs are set by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) after consultation with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The AICTE has been entrusted with the responsibility of setting norms for various courses including medical education.
- Cut off Marks for admission in BDS Course
The cutoff marks are fixed by the respective state government. These are usually based on the number of seats allotted to that particular college/university.
- Cut off Marks for admissions in other courses
There are no specific cutoff marks for admission into other courses like BCA, MBA, MCA, etc. However, these courses have entrance tests conducted by different organizations.
Benefits of Studying PG Medical in Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Mumbai
- MBBS course in DY Patil Medical College is the best medical college in India. This college has been ranked among the top 100 colleges in India. Students can get admission to this college through PG-NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
- In this college, students are provided with modern facilities like well-equipped labs, a library, an internet facility, etc. There are separate hostels for boys and girls.
- This college provides free accommodation to its students. They have their own mess where they can eat food at cheap rates.
- The fee structure of this college is affordable. The fees of this college are much lower than other private medical colleges in Pune.
- The infrastructure of this college is good. There are many sports activities organized by the college.
- The teachers of this college are highly qualified. They teach the students in a simple way.
Dr DY Patil Medical College Mumbai PG Fee Structure
Here we are defining some estimated fees. You can check the website of the college for details.
1. MS Fee Structure
2. MD Fee Structure
|Community Medicine (PSM)||Rs.7,50,000/-||—|
|General Medicine||Rs. 40,00,000/-||$1,10,000|
|Psychiatry||Rs. 30,00,000/-||$ 70,000|
|TB and Chest||Rs. 45,00,000/-||—|