Direct Admission to MDS in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Dentistry is a specialized branch of medical science. The Master of Dental Surgery is a specialty special studies course.
- The focus is on oral and dental hygiene, physiology, problems, treatment, prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation.
- The course is designed with an emphasis on in-depth knowledge of detailed topics related to oral and dental health and hygiene.
- In a country like India where oral problems and diseases are a constant concern, a degree in dentistry is an excellent career choice. This includes population and public health aspects as well as children.
- This broad field of study includes a number of specializations due to the broad nature of the study.
- Applicants must choose from a list of specializations of their choice. He or she will only advance his or her future studies in this specialization.
If you are finding it difficult to crack the entrance exam for MDS admission and are passionate about Dentistry then, we are here to help you to take Direct Admission to MDS Mumbai through the management quota. Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or +91 9921 499 691, +91 8530 242 406.
Why Master of Dental Surgery?
- The Master of Dentistry is the final level of professional study, which includes the acquisition of important professional knowledge and skills for the medical field of dentistry.
- Applicants gain in-depth knowledge, as well as practical experience in solving real medical problems associated with diseases of the oral cavity and teeth, in various specializations.
- This is a huge field of study, so in order to start your career as an expert on this subject, a student must gain professional skills through laboratory classes, OPD work, internships, practical classes, seminars, lectures, etc.
- Candidates who wish to pursue a career in dentistry and oral medicine should take this course to become an expert.
- During the final exam, students must pass a written exam, submit a dissertation, pass a practical exam, and give a viva-vos.
- Upon completion of their training, candidates will be required to begin their careers as dental surgery specialists with a specialization of their choice.
- Employment opportunities such as Dental Surgeon, Dental Hygienist, Academic Lecturer, Clinical Research Fellow, and General Practitioner are the most popular options available for a candidate for a Master of Dental Surgery degree.
- Future Ph.D. Dental surgery is a promising step for MDS candidates. This will help increase the value and career prospects to a great extent.
Important factors about MDS
- The Master of Dental Surgery or MDS is a postgraduate medical course.
- Master of Dental Surgery is a 3 years Course.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen of Indian ethnicity/Indian origin.
- Applicants must have a BDS degree in order to enter MDS.
- The annual system is adopted in the semester system of the Master of Dental Surgery or MDS course.
- MDS specialties include prosthodontics and crown and bridge, periodontics, conservative dentistry and endodontics, maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, oral medicine, and radiology.
Master of Dental Surgery: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Master’s degree|
|Full-Form||Master of Dental Surgery|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in BDS, Entrance test score|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance based|
|Course Fee||Government: Approx. INR 2,000 Private: Approx. INR 17,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 5,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Private: Fortis Healthcare, Max Healthcare, Care Hospitals, Apollo Hospitals, Dental clinics, Nursing Homes Government: Indian Council of Medical Research, AIIMS, State Hospitals, Health Centers, Public Health Centers|
|Job Positions||Dentist/ Dental surgeon in clinics and hospitals Dental Hygienist Academic Lecturer Clinical Research Scientist General Practitioner|
Top MDS Colleges in Mumbai
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission’s Dental College, Navi Mumbai
- Nair Hospital Dental College, Mumbai
- Terna Dental College & Hospital, Navi Mumbai
- Yerala Medical Trust & Research Centre’s Dental College, Navi Mumbai
- Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College, Navi Mumbai
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS): Admission Procedure
- Admission to the postgraduate program in dental surgery is entirely based on entrance examinations.
- Colleges may take various examinations or rely on grades obtained in any of the entrance examinations in India.
- Entrance examinations can be at the state or national level depending on the ideas and rules of any college.
- Once you have a valid score, you will need to select the colleges of your choice during your consultation.
MDS Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course are listed below.
- Degree in Dentistry from MCI-affiliated and accredited dental colleges in India.
- Collect at least 50% points.
- Candidates with a 2-year PG Diploma in Dental Surgery recognized by the Dental Council of India are also eligible to apply for this course.
- As an additional criterion, colleges such as the Manipal College of Dental Science also require a one-year internship after successful completion of the BDS as a prerequisite for admission to the Master of Dental Surgery course.
- Best MDS Entrance Exam
- Colleges, universities, or national institutes conduct entrance examinations for admission to degree courses in pharmacy.
- NEET MDS: NEET MDS is the all-Indian entrance test for admission to MDS courses across India. NEET MDS dates for 2021 have not yet been announced.
How to prepare for the entrance exams to MDS?
- Entrance examinations are held in centers throughout India. To prepare for this entrance exam, you must start preparing at least 1.5 years in advance.
- This course will be the Bachelor of Dental Science. This course covers orthodontics, oral anatomy, pedodontics, oral medicine and radiology, periodontology, prosthodontics, oral pathology, pharmacology, public health, human physiology, human physiology, dentistry, and orthopedics.
- The entrance exams mentioned above will consist of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Each question is worth 1 point. This test is negative.
- The duration of the test is 2.5-3 hours.
How to get to the best MDS colleges?
- The entire admission process is based on consultation after admission to MDS.
- The consultation session depends on the score you get at dental clinics across India.
- So, to increase your chances, prepare well for the entrance exams.
- Some colleges also emphasize BDS scores, so the best BDS scores guarantee that you will go to the college of your choice.
- After you pass the MDS entrance exam, you will get an idea of your primary marks.
- Now list your selected colleges according to last year’s restrictions.
- Keep this list during your consultation and choose the best college of your choice.
How to apply for MDS?
To apply for the entrance exam, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the organization conducting the entrance exam
- Register to get a valid ID and password.
- Re-login with this credential and complete the form accordingly.
- Carefully review the form and upload scanned copies of key features, signature, left thumbprint, and photographs.
- Submit your application after consideration.
- Keep a printed copy for future correspondence.
- Please check the website regularly for passcard-related updates.
MDS Management Quota Fee in Maharashtra
|S.No.||Subjects||Management fees (In Rs.)||NRI Fees (US$)|
|1||Operative Conservative Dentistry||13,00,000/- per year||35,000/- per year|
|2||Prosthodontics||13,00,000/- per year||35,000/- per year|
|3||Orthodontics||13,00,000/- per year||35,000/- per year|
|4||Periodontics||13,00,000/- per year||35,000/- per year|
|5||Pedodontics||13,00,000/- per year||35,000/- per year|
No NRI Seats in 1) Periodontics 2) Pedodontics
|Stipend||1st year||2nd year||3rd year|
|37,000 per month||40,500 per month||43,500 per month|