Bharati Vidhyapeeth (BV) was established in the year 1965 under the guidance of Late Shri. Dr. Vasantrao Naik. BV has been recognized as a premier institution of higher learning in India. It is located in Pune, Maharashtra.
- BV offers undergraduate programs in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Dental Surgery, Optometry, Paramedical Sciences, and Allied Health Professions. In addition to these courses, BV offers postgraduate programs in various disciplines.
- The college offers various courses like Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Nursing, Master of Arts in English Literature, Master of Business Administration, Master of Computer Applications, etc.
- It has a well-equipped hospital that provides treatment to patients from all over India. The hospital has modern facilities including operation theatres, intensive care unit, emergency room, laboratory, radiology department, blood bank, dental clinic, physiotherapy center, pharmacy, X-ray facility, ultrasound machine, and much other medical equipment.
MBBS at Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune
Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College (BVMC) was established in the year 1955 by the Late Shri. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the first Chief Minister of Maharashtra State.
- This college has been ranked among the top medical colleges in India. MBBS course duration is 5 years.
- The college offers various courses like Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (MDS), Bachelor of Physiotherapy (MPT), Master of Public Health (MPH), and Master of Pharmacy (MPharm), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
- Admission for the MBBS course is done through NEET/SET exam conducted by CBSE.
- For admission into the MBBS course, candidates need to qualify NEET/SET Exam.
Bharati Vidyapeeth (BVU) campus in Pune
- BVU Campus is located at the heart of the city, surrounded by lush green gardens and trees. This campus has been designed keeping in mind the needs of students who are pursuing higher education. The campus is well connected to the rest of the city through public transport.
- The campus is spread over an area of about 4 acres. There are many buildings including hostels, classrooms, labs, libraries, auditoriums, seminar halls, etc. The campus is equipped with modern amenities like air-conditioning, internet facilities, Wi-Fi connectivity, medical facility, cafeteria, bank, ATM, post office, etc.
- The campus has a beautiful lake that attracts many birds and animals. Students can enjoy their leisure time here by playing badminton, volleyball, cricket, football, swimming, boating, fishing, etc.
- The campus has a large number of trees and greenery around it. These trees provide shade from the scorching heat of summer and cool the environment in winter.
- The campus is situated near the railway station and bus stand. Many buses run regularly from these stations to reach the campus.
- The campus is easily accessible from other parts of the city. Bus services are available from almost all parts of the city.
MBBS Admission Counselling Guidance
- MBBS admission counseling is a mandatory requirement for admission into medical colleges. This counseling is done by the respective college authorities after the completion of the 12th standard examination.
- Students are given a time limit to complete their counseling. If they fail to submit their application form before the deadline then they cannot appear for counseling.
The admission counseling procedure is divided into two stages – Pre-admission counseling and Post-admission counseling.
Pre-admission counseling includes the following steps:
- Registration at the website www.mciindia.org/mbbsadmissioncounsellingguidelines
- Application form filling
- Uploading scanned copies of documents
UG Medical Courses in Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College Pune
- UG Medicine (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) – MBBS – UG Medicine (MBBS) is a four-year course that leads to a degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). This is a medical qualification that allows its holder to practice medicine in India. In order to qualify, students need to complete their undergraduate studies at any recognized university/institution in India. Students who are interested in pursuing this course should have completed 12 years of schooling after passing the 10+2 examination.
- UG Dentistry (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) – BDS – The Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree is a four-year program that leads to the award of Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS). This dental degree is designed to prepare students for advanced training in general dentistry, oral surgery, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, prosthodontics, periodontology, endodontics, and other specialties. Students are prepared to practice independently after graduation. If you want to pursue a career in dentistry, then studying UG Dentistry may be the best option for you. You can choose from a variety of programs offered at various universities across Canada. Some schools offer a two-year pre-dentistry program while others have a three-year pre-dentistry program.
- UG Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy) – BPharm – A bachelor’s degree in pharmacy prepares students for careers in pharmaceutical care. Graduates are able to work in hospitals, clinics, retail pharmacies, research institutions, government agencies, regulatory bodies, and other healthcare settings.
- UG Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) – BScN – The course aims to provide students with knowledge and skills that enable them to work effectively in the nursing profession. Students will develop their understanding of the role of nurses in health care delivery and gain an insight into the nature of the professional practice. They will also acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to function independently as registered nurses.
- UG Physiotherapy (Bachelor of Physical Therapy) – BPT – UG physiotherapy is a four-year course that provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become professional physiotherapists. This degree program prepares graduates to work independently in clinical practice, research, teaching, administration, industry, government service, and other areas related to health care.
- UG Radiology (Diploma in Diagnostic Imaging Technology) – DIT – This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent radiographers. This includes the ability to perform basic radiological examinations, interpret images, report findings accurately and effectively, and apply appropriate clinical interventions. Students are taught the principles of radiation protection and safety. The course covers the following areas:
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Principles of physics
- Radiation physics
- Medical imaging techniques
- Image interpretation
- Clinical applications
- Radiation protection and safety
- Ethics and professionalism
- Legal issues
- Professional practice
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Diploma in Diagnostic Imaging technology from UG Radiology.
PG Courses provided by Bharati Vidyapeeth.
|MD||Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||01|
|MD||Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||03|
|MD||Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||05|
|MD/MS||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||05|
Management & NRI Quota Seats for MBBS Admission at Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College
Management quota seats are filled through a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). These seats are reserved for candidates who have completed their graduation from recognized universities/institutions.
Candidates can apply for management quota seats only if they have passed their 12th standard examination.
- Non-Reserved quota seats are filled through direct admission based on merit. This means that students do not need to appear for any test to get admitted into these seats.
- However, students should qualify for the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) or NEET conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), before applying for non-reserved seats.
Reserved quota seats are filled through reservation under section 16 of the Constitution of India.
Under this provision, the government reserves 25% of the total number of seats in medical colleges for Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), and Other Backward Classes (OBCs), and Physically Handicapped (PHs).
There are two types of seats – general and OBC.
- General seats are open to all students irrespective of caste, religion, gender, etc.
- On the other hand, OBC seats are reserved for candidates belonging to SCs, STs, PHs, and OBCs.
The number of seats allotted to each category is determined by the central government. In 2016, the central government has allocated 5,000 seats to the state governments. Each state then allocates the remaining seats to institutions based on their own criteria.
The number of seats allocated to each institution is decided by the respective state governments. The state governments may allocate the seats to institutions based on various factors including student demand, infrastructure facilities, academic performance, financial status, etc. Get to know more about Bharti Vidyapeeth MBBS Management Quota Admission in this article.
How to reach Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College?
- The Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College is located on the Pune-Satara road in the southern portion of Pune, about 5 kilometers from Swargate, one of the city’s major bus terminals.
- Pune City has a railway station and is well-connected by road. It also has an airport, which is 130 kilometers from Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College.
- The BV University Medical College is 5 kilometers from the city railway station. It is only 4 kilometers from the central bus stop.